Bria 4 is a carrier-grade SIP softphone client that enables you to manage your communications easily from your Mac or Windows laptop. Bria 4 can replace or complement your desk phone, allowing you to make voice and video calls over IP, see if your contacts are available, send messages, and share your screen.
Built on SIP and open standards, Bria is proven interoperable with many of the industry's standard platforms and devices. It also includes features specifically designed for business and enterprise users and can be deployed within an enterprise environment either by manual configuration via the softphone Graphical User Interface (GUI) or by using the provisioning module of CounterPath's Stretto Platform™.
New to 4.6
- Desktop notifications. Using a USB headset device with your Bria? Receive a notification prompt and manage permissions for when a software download is required from a third-party application.
- Logitech headset device support. Introducing synchronized function control between your Logitech headset and Bria. Mute, hold, answer and hang up calls using Bria or the buttons on your Logitech headset device. Switch between your headset and built-in desktop speaker to access audio and choose where to receive incoming call ring alerts.
- 2-in-1 laptop support. Bria now supports Windows-based 2-in-1 laptop devices, providing you with greater flexibility to stay productive while experiencing Bria on the best of both worlds.
NOTE: With the release of Bria 4, CounterPath has discontinued support for Windows XP. If you are using Windows XP with Bria 3.5.5 or earlier, your client will continue to work, however you cannot upgrade to Bria 4 without first updating your Window’s operating system to Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10. To purchase Bria 3.5 for Windows XP, please click here to continue to the product page.
Bria for Windows is available in the following ten languages: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, German, Chinese, Dutch, Japanese and Russian.
Bria for Mac is available in five languages: English, French, Portuguese, Spanish and Russian.
Voice and Video Calling
- Make HD voice calls and video calls and conference calls using SILK HD and Opus voice codecs (among many others)
- View, send and receive high-definition (HD) video using H.264 and VP8 codecs
- Standard telephony features including speakerphone, mute and ability to transfer, forward and hold calls
- See incoming call alerts
- View, send and receive high-definition HD video (1280 x 720p) using H.264 and VP8 codecs
- Detachable, full screen video window
- Standard telephony features include single click to call, speakerphone, mute and ability to transfer, 3 way calls, forward and hold calls
- Set display and sound alerts for incoming calls
- Hide your ID for calls
- Employ “Do Not Disturb” function for audio and video calls
- Missed calls indicator
- Support for voicemail with Message Waiting Indicator (MWI)
Instant Messaging (IM)
- SIP SIMPLE and XMPP support
- Send instant messages to from your contact list when you see they are online
- Start a single or group chat from the Messages window
- Set Pop-up notification and sound alerts for incoming IMs
- Employ "Do Not Disturb" function for blocking incoming Instant Messages
- Use Stretto Sync to synchronize messaging histories across laptop, smartphone, and tablet when using Stretto Platform™
- Company chat rooms of persistent meeting rooms that users can join or be added to
- SMS over IP support when used with Stretto Platform
- Set your presence status so contacts know how and when to get a hold of you best
- Receive or block notification alerts for contacts' presence status updates
- Establish unique privacy rules for your presence status for individual contacts
- Subscribe to the Screen-Share Add-In for Mac and Windows
- Viewer requires only browser; viewers do not need Bria or other downloads
Enhanced Contact Management
- Manage, sort and filter up to 3,000 contacts with support for contact avatars
- Synchronize your contacts with Microsoft Outlook® personal address book (Windows only) or Mac Address Book (Mac only)
- Create groups for contacts with the ability to place one contact in several groups
- Set a default contact method for each contact
- Add a contact during a call
- Focused around your address book, Bria's contact-centric interface gives you more ways to make, receive and manage your calls and IMs
- Navigate contacts, favorites, call history and dial pad with just a click of your mouse
- Hide the dial pad when you don't need it
- Scale Bria to different sizes to maximize space on your desktop
Advanced Interoperability and Configuration
- Open standards based
- Session Initiated Protocol (SIP) based signaling for all interactive media sessions
- Multiple account integration including local or company directories (LDAP/Active Directory), Microsoft Outlook®, and XMPP
- High compression codec support
- Zero Touch Configuration of your audio or video devices
- Support leading hardware device manufacturers such as Plantronics, GN Netcom, Yealink and others. For a list of all supported devices please visit: www.counterpath.com/interoperable-products.html
Security and Network Traversal
- Advanced security with signaling and media encryption via TLS and SRTP
- Firewall traversal and compliance with the latest standards (ICE, STUN, & TURN)
Bria also includes features specifically designed for business and enterprise users, including:
- LDAP/Active Directory integration
- Flexible login options
- Enhanced installer options
- Auto answer and “Do Not Disturb” functions
- Improved security options with SRTP media encryption
- Workgroup capabilities - Busy Lamp Field (BLF) and Bridge Line Appearance (BLA) (Windows only)
- Company Chat Rooms – for online conferences and meetings
- Call Centre Feature Pack
- BroadWorks Feature Pack
Bria can be deployed within an enterprise environment either by manual configuration via the softphone Graphical User Interface (GUI) or by using a provisioning server, like CounterPath’s Client Configuration Server (CCS). Please refer to the Resources tab for more information.
Add-Ins and Branded Features
Screen Share Add-In
CounterPath’s Share Add-In lets Bria Desktop users share their screen with up to 100 participants while simultaneously using the voice and messaging capabilities of their desktop softphone. This add-in provides a cost-effective, scalable, and easy-to-use screen share capability. It is perfect for small, medium, and large enterprise businesses who need to collaborate.
If you are looking for a customized client for your employees or customers, CounterPath offers branding options for orders of over 200 softphones for an additional fee. Items that can be tailored to enhance your users’ experience include:
- Changing the product name and branding to match your brand
- Customized branding of the softphone graphic assets, including logos, skin color and icons
- Language specification
- Including/excluding calling and add-on features
- Additional security settings
- Specifying provisioning options
- Adding CounterPath Feature Packs, including BroadWorks Feature Pack, Call Centre Feature Pack, or Oracle TSC Feature Pack
- And more!
For more information on customizing CounterPath softphones, visit our Branding Engine page or complete a sales request form.
Please review the following Service and System Requirements prior to purchasing Bria.
You must have a VoIP service subscription with a local service provider or ISP in order to make audio/video calls or send Instant Messages with Bria. Please contact your local service provider to subscribe.
||Minimum: Pentium 4® 2.4 GHz or equivalent
Optimal: Intel Core 2 Duo or equivalent, Video Card with DirectX 9.0c support
||Minimum: 1 GB RAM
Optimal: 2 GB RAM
|Hard Disk Space
Microsoft Windows 7
Microsoft Windows 8 (Desktop mode)
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (Desktop mode)
Microsoft Windows 10
Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) or 10.11 (El Capitan)
||IP network connection (broadband, LAN, wireless); Constant Internet connection
||Full-duplex, 16-bit or use USB headset