Bria 4 is a carrier-grade next generation softphone client that enables you to manage your communications easily and efficiently – all from your computer desktop. Replacing or complementing your hard phone, Bria allows you to make VoIP and Video calls over IP, see when your contacts are available, send Instant Messages and transfer files with ease and efficiency.
NEW! The latest release of Bria, Bria 4.1, also includes a multiple license key capability that enables retail customers further enhance their communications experience with optional add-ins and services like Screen Share and an Add-In for Outlook®. For more details on available add-ins, visit the Add-In and Branded Features tab.
Built on SIP and open standards, Bria is proven interoperable with many of the industry's standard platforms and devices. It also includes features specifically designed for business and enterprise users and can be deployed within an enterprise environment either by manual configuration via the softphone Graphical User Interface (GUI) or by using a provisioning server like CounterPath's Client Configuration Server.
NOTE: With the release of Bria 4, CounterPath has discontinued support for Windows XP. If you are using Windows XP with Bria 3.5.5 or earlier, your client will continue to work, however you cannot upgrade to Bria 4 without first updating your Window’s operating system to Windows Vista, 7, 8 or 8.1. To purchase Bria 3.5 for Windows XP, please click here to continue to the product page.
Bria for Windows is available in the following ten languages: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, German, Chinese, Dutch, Japanese and Russian.
Bria for Mac is available in five languages: English, French, Portuguese, Spanish and Russian.
Voice and Video Calling
- Make HD voice calls and video calls and conference calls using SILK HD and Opus voice codecs (among many others)
- View, send and receive high-definition (HD) video using H.264 and VP8 codecs
- Standard telephony features including speakerphone, mute and ability to transfer, forward and hold calls
- See incoming call alerts
- Set display and sound alerts for incoming calls
- Hide your ID for calls
- Employ “Do Not Disturb” function for audio and video calls
- Missed calls indicator
- Support for voicemail with Message Waiting Indicator (MWI)
Instant Messaging (IM)
- Send and receive Instant Messages in real time
- Set display and sound alerts for incoming IMs
- Start an IM conversation from your contact list or favorites list
- Start a single or group chat from the Messages window
- See IM alerts for incoming IMs
- Send instant messages to groups
- Invite and chat with multiple people in one messaging window (Group Chat via XMPP)
- Save, view and search previous instant messages in an IM archive
- Employ “Do Not Disturb” function for blocking incoming Instant Messages
- Set your presence status so contacts know how and when to get a hold of you best
- Receive or block notification alerts for contacts' presence status updates
- Establish unique privacy rules for your presence status for individual contacts
Enhanced Contact Management
- Manage, sort and filter up to 3,000 contacts with support for contact avatars
- Synchronize your contacts with Microsoft Outlook® personal address book (Windows only) or Mac Address Book (Mac only)
- Create groups for contacts with the ability to place one contact in several groups
- Set a default contact method for each contact
- Add a contact during a call
- Focused around your address book, Bria's contact-centric interface gives you more ways to make, receive and manage your calls and IMs
- Navigate contacts, favorites, call history and dial pad with just a click of your mouse
- Hide the dial pad when you don't need it
- Scale Bria to different sizes to maximize space on your desktop
Advanced Interoperability and Configuration
- Open standards based
- Session Initiated Protocol (SIP) based signaling for all interactive media sessions
- Multiple account integration including local or company directories (LDAP/Active Directory), Microsoft Outlook®, and XMPP
- High compression codec support
- Zero Touch Configuration of your audio or video devices
- Support for plug-and-play HID compliant devices
- Support leading hardware device manufacturers such as Plantronics, GN Netcom, Yealink and others. For a list of all supported devices please visit: www.counterpath.com/interoperable-products.html
Security and Network Traversal
- Advanced security with signaling and media encryption via TLS and SRTP
- Firewall traversal and compliance with the latest standards (ICE, STUN, & TURN)
Bria also includes features specifically designed for business and enterprise users, including:
- LDAP/Active Directory integration
- Flexible login options
- Enhanced installer options
- Auto answer and “Do Not Disturb” functions
- Improved security options with SRTP media encryption
- Workgroup capabilities - Busy Lamp Field (BLF) and Bridge Line Appearance (BLA) (Windows only)
- Company Chat Rooms – for online conferences and meetings
Bria can be deployed within an enterprise environment either by manual configuration via the softphone Graphical User Interface (GUI) or by using a provisioning server, like CounterPath’s Client Configuration Server (CCS). Please refer to the Resources tab for more information.
Add-Ins and Branded Features
Bria Add-In for Outlook®
The Bria Add-In for Outlook® is a plug-in that complements your Bria for Windows desktop softphone and adds enterprise-grade calling, voicemail, messaging and presence features to your Outlook® application. When used in conjunction with Bria 4+ for desktop, the Bria Add-In enables you to call and message contacts, see their presence status, and access voicemail all from your Outlook® window. For enterprises and operators, bulk orders of the Bria Add-In can be customized to add logos and corporate colors, extending brand recognition and stickiness to your desktop softphone solution.
Screen Share Add-In
CounterPath’s Share Add-In provides a cost-effective, scalable and easy to use softphone add-on that is targeted to enterprises, as well as small and medium sized businesses. When used in the Bria Desktop Edition for Windows client, presenters can share their screen with up to 100 participants while using the voice and messaging capabilities of their desktop softphone.
If you are looking for a customized client for your employees or customers, CounterPath offers branding options for orders of over 200 softphones for an additional fee. Items that can be tailored to enhance your users’ experience include:
- Changing the product name and branding to match your brand
- Customized branding of the softphone graphic assets, including logos, skin color and icons
- Language specification
- Including/excluding calling and add-on features
- Additional security settings
- Specifying provisioning options
- Adding CounterPath Feature Packs or Services, including BroadWorks Feature Pack or Oracle TSM Feature Pack
- And more!
For more information on customizing CounterPath softphones, visit our Branding Engine page or complete a sales request form.
Please review the following Service and System Requirements prior to purchasing Bria.
You must have a VoIP service subscription with a local service provider or ISP in order to make audio/video calls or send Instant Messages with Bria. Please contact your local service provider to subscribe.
||Minimum: Pentium 4® 2.4 GHz or equivalent
Optimal: Intel Core 2 Duo or equivalent, Video Card with DirectX 9.0c support
||Minimum: 1 GB RAM
Optimal: 2 GB RAM
|Hard Disk Space
||Microsoft Windows Vista, 32-bit and 64-bit arch
Microsoft Windows 7
Microsoft Windows 8 (Desktop mode)
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (Desktop mode)
Mac OS X 10.8 or 10.9
||IP network connection (broadband, LAN, wireless); Constant Internet connection
||Full-duplex, 16-bit or use USB headset